Bong smokers can vouch for the elevated smoking experience. The bigger hit and smoother taste make you appreciate the best parts of the plant even more.
There is also a lot less wastage and the enhanced flavour adds to the pleasure of smoking up with your buddies. What’s more, bongs let you control the amount of smoke you inhale and the effect it has on your body.
Why is cleaning your bong important?
But, if you haven’t cleaned out your bong in a while, you could be ruining the experience for yourself. A dirty bong is not only nasty, it can be harmful to you. The residue on the inside can be potentially harmful for you and ruin the kind of taste you get when you smoke.
No matter how tricky you might find it to clean your bong, or if you’re simply lazy, smoking from a dirty bong can stink up the entire space and be a super unpleasant experience.
Also, the water inside a bong can create the kind of damp atmosphere where mould thrives. This means the next time you smoke up, you’re inhaling a little bit of mould as well. Cleaning the bong means drying it out and storing it properly as well.
You should clean your bong preferably after each smoke up session or even at least weekly so that you can get the most out of the experience. Do you want to get the most out of your cannabis supply? Then might as well learn how to clean your bong!
Cleaning your bong
There is a variety of different shapes and sizes of glass bongs and not all of them are straight water pipes.
The straighter ones can be easier to clean because they require less effort but it’s important to dismantle the bong to all its components and clean them individually. Glass bongs also happen to be the easiest to clean so go for it!
Chuck out all the extra grains or leaves that might be left in there. The best thing to do is to discard all the water in the bowl as soon as you’re done.
What you will need
Here are some of the supplies you will need:
- Sea salt (or baking soda)
- Cotton buds
- Light sponge
- Rubbing alcohol (or vinegar)
- Zip lock bag
Make sure your hands are covered when you clean out the glass bong. Wear gloves and use fresh cleaning supplies each time.
- Remove the down stem, clean out the particles in it and also in the bowl.
- Fill up one quarter of the bong with lukewarm water and rinse thoroughly. Repeat this step a few times. What you should hope to accomplish is to get rid of the water marks.
- Pour some vinegar or alcohol in the hole in the beaker and add about one tablespoon of salt or baking soda. Place your thumb on top and swirl it around gently.
- Cover the top of the beaker with your palm and plug the base. Shake vigorously but carefully so you don’t spill or yank your bong away.
- Rinse out the rest and dry it with a light sponge or a paper towel.
There you have it! Easy to do and simple to clean, now you can smoke up and enjoy the flavour.
This blog is brought to you by Bong Outlet. Bong Outlet is an online retail outlet that sells high quality smoking equipment at affordable rates across U.S and Canada. Visit their website for more information.