Indoor sunless tanning is a fast and flawless way of getting a perfectly golden glow. If you’re looking for a tan that will last you through the summer, no need to go outside and bask in the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Indoor sunless tanning is a convenient and safe method of getting a radiantly bronze tan all over.
Overexposure to the harsh rays of the sun can cause your skin to develop wrinkles and give it a leathery texture. Spray tanning has fast become a popular alternative to sunbathing because it is less intense than sunbathing but gives the same results.
If you want your spray tan to stay looking good all throughout swimsuit season, then follow these before and aftercare tips!
- Before you go in for your spray tan session, remove any excess hair from your body. Wax or shave 8–24 hours prior to going in for your appointment. This will ensure that the pores on your skin are closed and tanning solution doesn’t get trapped in them, leading to a ‘spotty’ appearance.
- Exfoliation is a must! Your skin develops a build-up of dead skin cells. Make sure you thoroughly exfoliate your body to remove the thick layer. This will ensure that the tan stays longer on your skin. Also, don’t use any moisturizing body washes, as they can make your skin a little oily for the tanning solution to stick. Opt for a gel-based body wash instead.
- Deodorants and tanning solutions are not such a great mix. Perfumes, moisturizers, makeup, and deodorant will create a barrier for the tanning solution and prevent it from going through. Make sure to moisturize a day ahead of your tanning appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to your appointment. After you get a spray tan, it needs a certain time to fully ‘set’ on your skin. Wearing loose clothes will ensure that it doesn’t rub off.
- Do not take a shower or bath for at least 6–8 hours after your spray tan. This waiting period allows the tan to develop more fully on your skin.
- After the waiting period is over, take a warm shower and wash off the bronzer with a gentle body wash. Pat, and not rub, yourself dry.
- Remember, no sweating during the initial few days of your spray tan as it can create streaks. That means no jogging, dancing, yoga, or any other physical exertion.
- You can shave 12 hours after your appointment, and remember to moisturize daily for a smoother looking tan.
If you’re ready to get your glow on for the summer, head to an indoor tanning salon near you. Check out professional sunless tanning salons, such as Glo Sun and Shades; they offer attractive indoor tanning packages.