“Phytonutrients” sounds like the name of a superhero team. And maybe that’s exactly what they are!
But why do we need to add them to our diet? How can they help improve our health? And why are they so important for our overall wellbeing? Here’s all you need to know about these mystery natural chemicals:
They’re Plant Foods
We’ve all been told off by our parents at some point because we weren’t eating our vegetables. And they weren’t wrong to do so!
The word “phyto” is Greek for “plant”—phytonutrients, then, are natural chemicals that protect plants from bacteria, diseases, and fungi. All fruits and vegetables contain phytonutrients, but you can also find them in teas, beans, nuts, and whole grains.
Phytonutrients Help Treat Various Illnesses
As mentioned above, phytonutrients help keep plants healthy. But they’re also beneficial to us, preventing chronic illnesses and treating various ailments.
They can help prevent heart disease, lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and improve sleep. And while there are several types of phytonutrients, these are the most important ones:
- Ellagic acid
Phytonutrients like carotenoids and ellagic acid help fight cancer. Found in foods such as carrots and pomegranates, they’re rich in antioxidants and vitamin A and are good for the eyes, liver, and skin.
Olive Plant Extract is Rich in Phytonutrients
Olive plants are known to be rich in phytonutrients and have been proven to be beneficial to our health. Here are some of their benefits:
- They contain bioactive polyphenols which help reduce the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- They also have anti-allergy, anti-inflammatory, and anti-atherogenic properties. This makes the olive plant good for the body and mind.
- The bioactive polyphenols in phytonutrients facilitate the proliferation and activity of white blood cells in the body and boost immunity.
- Adding olive plant extract to your diet can help improve your health and prevent various diseases.
- But it’s best to order such products from a highly reliable source. This is where My Olive Leaf steals the spotlight.
They offer a wide range of olive leaf extracts that are available in varying dosages. For any queries, call at 612 567-3263.