Scalp micropigmentation is a highly effective way to cope with hair loss. And while the professionals who administer the treatment will do everything in their power to guarantee long-lasting results, you need to go all-in with care routines to reap the full benefits.
Your scalp micropigmentation artist will advise you on the multiple steps you can take post-treatment; you need to take note and follow through.
The following are some aftercare tips for scalp micropigmentation:
After scalp micropigmentation treatment, your scalp will need some time to heal. Like any other medical procedure, you need to let your body do its job and not interfere with the process in the aftermath.
The scalp will form small scabs where the needles pierced the skin. Avoid touching or picking at these scabs at all costs. Your body needs to heal these wounds naturally. The following are some short-term care procedures:
- Wait three full days before touching or washing your scalp.
- Avoid situations and activities that lead to excessive sweating, such as exercise and sitting in the sun.
- When you can finally wash your head—usually four days after the treatment—do not use shampoo or soap to rinse the area.
- In case you plan on indulging in another scalp treatment, start moisturizing on the 4th
- A week after the treatment, you are free to clean the area. However, only use a gentle facial cleanser to get rid of the scabs and dirt.
It’s understandable if you’re anxious about whether your scalp micropigmentation treatment will last as long as you want it to. But remember to also enjoy the results. In the long-term, the following care tips should be kept in mind:
- Continue to avoid direct exposure to sunlight and protect your head from UV rays whenever possible. This will ensure that the ink doesn’t fade away prematurely.
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol as a drying agent. You need to keep an eye out for SD alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, and denatured alcohol.
- Make sure you’re moisturizing your scalp at least once a day.
- You should also remove dead skin cells in a timely manner with the help of an exfoliating cleanser.
If you’re looking for a scalp micropigmentation center in Wilmington, DE, you can get in touch with the experts at Delaware Scalp Micropigmentation. You can call them at 302-292-0380 to book your appointment. They provide scalp micropigmentation services for both men and women.