A study published in Wiley Online Network reveals that Adrafinil – a synthetic nootropic compound – provides effective behavioral-activating effects. Additionally, it has fewer side effects than other stimulants.
Developed by the French pharmaceutical company Louis Lafon Laboratories in 1974, Adrafinil is a prodrug to the nootropic supplement, Modafinil.
However, Adrafinil is less expensive than Modafinil. Also, you can purchase Adrafinil without a prescription as it’s easily available over-the-counter.
Adrafinil is being increasingly used to enhance wakefulness, mental alertness, and energy levels to achieve higher productivity and performance.
In addition to improving concentration and focus, several studies indicate that Adrafinil can reduce symptoms of depression. In a study of 70 patients experiencing depression, patients revealed that Adrafinil had similar positive effects as the antidepressant clomipramine. However, patients experienced less frequent side effects from Adrafinil as compared to clomipramine.
Similarly, another study shows how Adrafinil helped improve reaction speeds of 48 older adults with attention and processing speed issues on a psychological test.
When it comes to the supplement’s effects, users can feel effects several hours after taking Adrafinil. A study performed on 10 elderly patients shows that the peak cognitive and behavioral levels of participants occurred 2 hours after consuming Adrafinil.
How it works
Adrafinil has been associated with increased focus, alertness and concentration. Due to the presence of Orexin (neurotransmitter), the consumption of Adrafanil can lead to increased energy, improved memory and cognitive function.
How much should you take
While Adrafanil use has been associated with improved alertness, memory and cognitive function, especially in intellectually challenging environments, there are some things you need to consider before taking it.
- Adrafinil is known to enhance alertness and wakefulness and not hyperactivity. It’s a wakefulness-promoting agent that can reduce excessive daytime sleepiness.
- When it comes to dosage, 300 mg is typically recommended. But, some people take 600 mg to attain its full benefits. If you’re taking it for the first time, it’s better to stick to a 300 mg dose. You can increase the dosage slowly if you find 300 mg to be insufficient.
- Ideally, you should take Adrafinil after waking up. It should also be taken on an empty stomach for maximum effectiveness.
- Before taking any supplement, discuss its use with a physician.
- Buy brain-boosting supplements, such as Adrafinil from a reputable source.
Blue Brain Boost is a credible source for Adrafinil and several other brain-boosting supplements. The company offers different types of nootropics available at competitive rates online to customers in America. The company’s stock includes Nicotine USP solution, Methylene Blue, 7, 8 – Dihydroxyflavone, Adrafinil, Piracetam, Noopept, Phenibut Hydrochloride, and Aniracetam.